Bulk, Films, Single Crystals, Glove Box, EPD, FLASH. RTA, spin coater, etc
Within the R&D activities of the Electroceramics Group, dielectrics, non-linear dielectrics, piezoelectrics, ferroelectrics, mainly perovskites, lead-based, lead-free, tungsten bronze, piezo polymers, piezo composites are prepared as bulk ceramics, films (thick and thin), nanostructures, porous structures, flexible structures, and single crystal. Techniques used:
- Sol gel based thin films by spin coating and Rapid Thermal Annealing (RTA)
- Electrophoretic Deposition (EPD) of thick and thin films
- Screen printing of thick and thin films
- AM of ceramic, composites, and conductors
- Cold sintering of ceramics
- FLASH sintering of ceramics
Electrical Measurements Lab
MAKER’S LAB by Electroceramics
MAKER’S LAB by Electroceramics is the newest processing Lab of DEMaC.
Within The 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and the European Green Deal https://ec.europa.eu/info/strategy/priorities-2019-2024/european-green-deal_en
MAKER’S LAB was created with three main goals.
- to exploit Additive Manufacturing (AM) in the field of ceramics and electroceramics
- to exploit AM in the field of electronics and microelectronics
- to develop new materials for the FFF (Fused Filament Fabrication) process and new features of the printing process itself
- to develop and fabricate of prototypes or even small devices
- to provide a space for researchers, students, and developers to fabricate specific, functional, and complex shaped tools or parts as a support of their work
- to strengthen the relations with the Industry related or interested in the development of the process and materials for AM
MAKER’S LAB by Electroceramics space, located in room 9.3.3. of the Department of Materials Engineering and Ceramic of the University of Aveiro (https://www.ua.pt/demac/), is equipped with 4 FFF printers, with several different features such as dual extrusion, a delta printer adapted for Robocasting of ceramic pastes, CNC milling for soft materials, extruder for thick pastes, a laser engraver for some metals, wood and polymers and a filament extruder to produce filaments for FFF.
Bee Prusa Delta Wasp Anet A8 Zmorph VX NEXT Extruder