- Estímulo à Excelência, Portuguese Foundation for Science and Technology (FCT), February 2007.
- Successful Women Ceramic and Glass Scientists and Engineers: 100 Inspirational Profiles by Lynnette Madsen, Willey, 2015, Paula Vilarinho profile and scientific career were recently distinguish (http://eu.wiley.com/WileyCDA/WileyTitle/productCd-1118733606.html)
Prizes in Scientific Meetings
- Best paper, 34th International Symposiumon Microelectronics, Baltimore, Maryland, USA, October 2001, with the work Thin Film Capacitors Embedded into High Density Printed Circuit Boards, A. Kingon, Taeyun Kim, Paula M. Vilarinho, Jon-Paul Maria, Robert T. Croswell.
- 3rd Best Poster, International Meeting of the Portuguese Society of Materials, Materiais 2003, Caparica, Portugal, April 2003, with the work Perovskite Phase Stabilization of Pb(Zn1/3Ta2/3)O3 Ceramics Induced by PbTiO3 Seeds, Li Zhenrong, Aiying Wu, Paula M. Vilarinho.
- Best Poster, XXXIX Reunião da Sociedade Portuguesa de Microscopia Electrónica e Biologia Celular, Universidade de Aveiro, Aveiro, Portugal, November 2004, with the work Microstructural Studies of Mg Doped SrTiO3Films, O. Okhay, A. Wu, Paula M. Vilarinho, I. M. Reaney, A. R. L. Ramos, E. Alves.
- Best Poster, Electroceramica 2007, Universidade de Aveiro, Aveiro, Portugal, June 2007, with the work Growth and Properties of Sol-Gel Derived BiScO3-PbTiO3 Thin Films with Oxide Electrode Layers, Jingzhong Xiao, Aiying Wu, Paula M. Vilarinho.
- Best work of symposium Multiferroic and magnetoelectric materials, E-MRS 2008 Spring Meeting, Strasbourg, France, May 2008, with the work Electric and Magnetic Properties of Incipient Ferroelectric Films Doped with Manganese, A. Tkach, O. Okhay, Paula M. Vilarinho, S. Bedanta, V. V. Shvartsman, P. Borisov, W. Kleemann.
- Excellent paper from Symposium F, Functional Materials, Materials Research Society International Meeting, Chongqing, China, June 2008, with the work PFN/PZT Multi-Phase Composite Thick Films Prepared By Hybrid Sol-Gel Process, Aiying Wu, Paula M. Vilarinho, Andrei Kholkin, Janez Holc, Marija Kosec.
- 2nd Poster Prize, of the 2nd Joint Congress of the Portuguese and Spanish Microscopy Socieities, Aveiro, Portugal, October 2011, with the work Electron Microscopy Study of Porous BaTiO3 and Co Functionalised BaTiO3 Thin Films, P. Ferreira, A. Castro, Paula M. Vilarinho, M.-G. Willinger, J. Mosa, C. Laberty, C. Sanchez.
- 1st Place Concurso de Ideias da UATEC – Empreende+, Empreendedorismo de Base Tecnológica, da Universidade de Aveiro, Aveiro, Portugal, with the technology Thin Film Tec – Advanced Processing Solutions, Paula M. Vilarinho (team leader) and Luís Amaral, January 2011.
- 2nd Place of Idea to Product (I2P) – COTEC, Portugal, with the technology ThinFilm Tec – Advanced Processing Solutions, Luís Amaral, Monika Tomczyk, Paula M. Vilarinho (team leader), February 2011.